Toasted Pecan Brussels Sprouts
serves 4 (generous side portions)
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 3 cup brussels sprouts, stems cut off and then sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces blue cheese (optional)
- Place pecans in a skillet on low heat. Toast nuts for 4-5 minutes stirring the pecans/shaking the skillet frequently until toasted. (Don’t try to multitask when toasting nuts, it always ends poorly.)
- Remove toasted nuts from skillet and set aside.
- Heat oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and simmer until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and place brussels sprouts in simmering oil mixture sliced side down.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes then stir brussels sprouts. Allow them to continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from skillet, toss with pecans and blue cheese.